Thursday 2 August 2012

Meritocracy




























The Scene opens up to the interior of a McDonalds. SHELLY and TREVOR are sat at a table a table piled high with fast food and empty wrappers while a soft pop song pays in the background with lyrics something along the line of “Baby baby, you’re my baby, baby baby ooh love” and “I’ll buy you what you need, I’ll buy You want you want, I’ll buy you”

SHELLY
‘Ere have you heard the news?

TREVOR
Wassat then?

SHELLY
You mean you’ve not seen the main news?

TREVOR
No I’ve not! You know I don’t watch the news; it does me ‘ead in!

SHELLY
Britney’s lost ‘er kids again!

TREVOR
Again?

SHELLY
Yeer, she says she still loves them.

TREVOR
Come on now, this is getting stupid

SHELLY
Wot? I love my kids like that!

TREVOR
Yeah but your kids aren’t thirty!

SHELLY
She just loves them! Leave Britney alone!

TREVOR
For Christ’s Sake!
SIMON enters and walks to SHELLY’s and TREVOR’s table and clears aside the debris of wasted food wrappers

SIMON
A’ right Trev, BEAT hiya Shelly

TREVOR
Ya’right Si?

SIMON
Nah, some shit’s goin
INTERUPTED BY SHELLY
SHELLY
Why’d you invite this nob for?! He’s a mental!

SIMON
Why am I a mental shel? Because I don’t accept the lies your spoon fed?!
SHELLY
Oh yeah and nine eleven was a trick was it?

SIMON
Don’t get me started on that

SHELLY
Why?! Cuz Hitler did it? Or whatever bollocks your on this weekend

TREVOR
All we wanna do is have dinner, why are you to chattin on with yourselves?!

SIMON
Because we have to do something to stop the new world order!

SHELLY
Oh for God’s sake!

SIMON
I’m not pissing about Shelly!

SHELLY
It doesn’t matter! You and your mental ‘ead ideas about the Tony Blair and George Brown don’t mean anything in the real world!

SIMON
SHOUTING If you let me finish then of course they fucking matter!



TREVOR
Whats up Si?

SHELLY
Are the whales working with the aliens?

SIMON
Fuck off Shel!

TREVOR
Si! Calm down, what’s up?

SIMON calms himself down
SIMON
It’s Mickey, he’s gone

TREVOR
What dya mean gone?

SIMON
I mean GONE, you ask his family, they don’t even admit he existed

SHELLY
What dya mean they wont admit he existed?! Course ‘e fookin did, e’s been on the piss enough with us.

SIMON
I dunno, I told him about all the websites I was looking at and then a couple of weeks later ‘e was gone.

TREVOR
What Websites?

SIMON
Conspir... BEAT  Truth Websites

TREVOR
What the fuck have you done Si?

SIMON
Why is it my fucking fault?!
TREVOR STANDS AND LEAVES

SIMON
I was just telling him the truth!

No comments: